Friday, October 18, 2013

A remarkable sight: City of Adelaide at Greenwich


I couldn't help myself.  I just had to go and see her for myself.  So I hopped on the Thames Clipper at Greenland Pier, and as we rounded the bend from Masthead, it truly was a remarkable thing to see the stern of Adelaide coming into view.  Even though the Duke of Edinburgh was due for a renaming ceremony, there were very few people in Greenwich and it was easy to get a good view of the ship, which is moored on her barge just downstream from Greenwich Pier, along the Thames Path in front of the Old Naval College.  

As we came into Greenwich, the tourists from town were falling over each other to photograph the Cutty Sark and I must have looked distinctly odd photographing what must have looked like something destined for a breaker's yard.

Here's a small selection of the photos I took today.  Thank goodness for digital - this blog would have bankrupted me by now if I was still paying for films to be processed.

As usual, click on the photograph if you want to see the bigger version.








A poor photo, but Adelaide is right at the
end of this walkway, framed between the
two buildings



No comments: