Thursday, August 28, 2008

Insects from Sunday

Two bees and a dragonfly, but that's as good as it gets I'm afraid! The dragonly was moving very quickly and I was armed only with a wide-angle lens so I didn't have much hope of achieveing anything like the clarity needed to show it off or identify it. I am staggered that it came out even this well because it was a long way away from me - a tiny dot in the middle of my photograph, which I tortured into some semblence of a recognizable image in Photoshop. The other two photographs are somewhat better, but still not detailed enough for identification purposes - the subtleties required for identification of individual bee species are unbelievable.

Les Butler has been taking some absolutely stunning insect photographs over on his Walks With My Camera blog - have a look at his post for the 25th August.




No comments: