Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Flower Power

A couple of days ago I went over to the park and was absolutely bowled over by the number of new flowers and fresh greenery that had sprung up whilst I was enjoying the architecture in Italy. Attached are some more photographs of that day, with my usual optimistic identifications.

Yesterday was a particularly good day. Not only was the weather absolutely perfect, but I spent time at the Brunel Museum on St Marychurch Street (where I spent a fortune on books and DVDs), had an enjoyable meeting with Rebeka (TRUE) and Steve (FRDW), and wound up being introduced to our local star-rated blacksmith Kevin Boys (no website yet but I'm working on it!), who was just in the final stages of making sculptures for Tower Bridge. I loved the sculpture but I was also very taken with his trilby! More of all this later, but it was a really fine day. One day Rotherhithe will cease to surprise me with its multiple facets, but at the moment it never ceases to amaze.



Scarlet Pimpernel



Goat's Rue


I'm going for Common Ragwort (?) on this one, but all challenges humbly received!



I'm wading in with Purple Loosestrife (?)


Terrapin resident in Globe Pond

No comments: