Tuesday, June 17, 2008

More wildflowers in Stave Hill

I bought a couple of extra books to help with the plant identification thing, but I'm not expecting overnight miracles :-). Still, I thought that a few less references to things like "pom-pom plants" might be beneficial to the world at large, even if some of my identifications are dubious. It will take me a while to narrow things down to a level of detail that I am happy with, and some of the identifications may be distinctly wobbly (indicated by question marks), but one has to start somehwere.

The bonus with wild flowers is that not only the blooms and sometimes the scents are wonderful, but that the common names are often such fun. As ever, click on the small image to see the full sized photograph.



Creeping Thistle



Viper's Bugloss


Bladder Campion



Ribwort Plantain

No comments: